I did not get to travel much since our hours were 7pm to 6am and I slept through most of the day. BUT - for the first week I could not sleep during the day because my restless spirit wanted to travel around and discover the city and country. Here are a few fun photo's of people more than the country.
This is a picture (left to right) Kimberlee, me and Michele - we were all there together training the team. We would cram into the back of the cabs - these cabs were the size of a 1980's focus - teenie...and no air conditioning. To the left which you cannot see - is ROB crammed with all of us ladies. It was hilarious to see us peel ourselves out of our contorted positions.

This is a really cool pic I took of the US Military Cemetary that is in the middle of the city. There is a HUGE American flag that is behind where I was taking this photo. It was such a humbling experience being here - so peaceful. I really felt overwhelmed with a sense of pride for my country and all that we have done to aide others in need.

This is a tasty filipino treat that the folks brought in for me. It is basically an almost hatched chick that you are supposed to just munch down (feathers and all). This is the equivalent of cavier to the filipino people. I was talking a big game when they said that they would bring it in for me to try. This is as close as I could get. I think the smell that I experienced during this picture made me gag - I have such a weak stomach.
Last but not least her is a picture of me finding the perfect "hot" ROLEX for Jonathan in the market. We spent many days here - I think I must have spent 500$ on fresh water pearls - they knew me by name in this market. Needless to say every girl I knew got pearls for Christmas. Jonathan got a Rolex and a hard Rock T-shirt from my trip. The experience was amazing - if I can find more pics I can add them - but I had to share these since I had found them. Sue and Erik - bakla loves you...MUAH MUAH!







3 comments:
look how glam you are! Very fun! I still like the blackmail photos though. Are the girls still speaking to you?
NO MORE MANILA! New posts please! I am waiting patiently!
keele...where are you??!!! we miss your great posts and pictures!!!
Post a Comment