Monday, February 9, 2009

No Baby...

With an incredibly heavy heart - more like broken - I add this new blog.

Life has been a crazy ride since my last entry in October 2008 when we announced we were finally having a baby. We prepared - set up a nursery (against our better judgement "just in case") getting ready for our new Baby Boy.

Two weeks ago right before I was headed to Europe for a business trip - we had a call that our "birth family" had decided to keep their baby...our baby.

So we cried 'til we could cry no more, screamed and pleaded with the Lord, cried a whole lot more and then worked through the rage. Now we are coping and trying to see where we will land next. The baby is due this Friday 02/13 the day before Valentine's Day - we are hoping with what faith is left in us that by some small miracle the birth parents will have their hearts softened and make a decision to call us and ask us to adopt the baby. It's a slim slim chance - but we can't help but have some small bit of hope.

If this does not happen we will try again - but it is a tough to continue with a broken heart and broken trust.

Anyway - we are doing okay and hopefully I will pick up blogging again. Stay tuned for more happy news in the future!

6 comments:

Casey said...

Keele, My heart is aching also. I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say to make the pain go away. I will be praying for you guys. Give me a call if you ever want to talk - it's the last thing you want to do, I'm sure. Thanks for keeping us informed. Again, I am so sorry and I can't even imagine how you feel.

KJ said...

i'm so sorry for what you both are going through. Please let me know if there's anything I can do. I'm here if you need to talk or just wanna get away.
~KJ

The King Crew said...

Keele, I feel for you more than words can say...

kcskinner said...

Keele I am so sorry about your heartbreak. I wish there was something that I could do to help you. I will keep you in my prayers.

patty and tony said...

Keele and Jonathan, we are so sorry to hear your baby news. We are a only a phone call away if you need to talk or vent. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Lots of love to you both!

Tony and Patty

Jami said...

Keele- I am so sorry you guys are having to go through this. Call me or email me or something. I want to hear how everything is going.