Ok - this is a plea in great humility to all of our friends and family that may be peeping our blog.
As many of you know, Jonathan and I have been trying to have babies for about 5 years - I mean really trying. We have endured 4 miscarriages and 1 tubal pregnancy. I can say that it has been our only trial -but a very very emotional one. We have spent the past year working with a fantastic doc at Stanford doing IUI treatments and some endometriosis treatments. We are both extremely exhausted emotionally and physically.
We have recently decided to take a break from the "science experiment" as Jon calls it and just breathe. We have also decided to start homeopathic detox and head into adoption full throttle. We are a bit timid going into the whole adoption again, as we already had 2 fall through in the past two years when both birth mothers decided just days before giving birth that they were going to keep their babies...great for them - gut wrenching and heart breaking for us.
Many of you may be asking - why tell us all of this - and I will tell you. We need your help. We want to reach out to all of our friends who may know someone, a family member, friend, co-worker...anybody who is looking for a couple with a lot of love and security to entrust raising their child. We just met with our adoption agency and although they do a great deal of leg work for us - their advice was to get out there and network with everyone we know.
So - I am starting here and using my social skills although it is VERY hard for me to ask this - sounds kind of desperate, and in a way I guess we are.
Jonathan and I are blessed to have found each other and have had 9 1/2 WONDERFUL years of marriage. We have been able to do and see so much and really become rooted together in our relationship, our religion, our faith and purpose. The one thing that we feel is missing is the expansion of our family. (We cannot discount our pets, however not quite the same weighting as a child!)
So with incredible humility and a bit of embarrassment we ask for you to put your feelers out and if you find someone who might be a great fit for us - let us know.
We are continuing to pursue our own pregnancy - but for now are just on a break and back to enjoying the days as they pass instead of "charting" them! :)
We are grateful for each of you and all you do to touch our lives and for all the support you have offered over the years. We have definitely needed it and it has helped strengthen our hope, faith and determination.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I know that this is such a sensitive topic and I am so impressed with you revealing all of this info. I don't know what it feels like to be in your position but I know how much I love being a mom so I can only understand that my feelings of being a mom are as strong as your feelings of frustration and discouragement. I wish that I knew of someone right now with a baby. I do however know of people that are getting babies through adoption and so thought I would pass on this info. to you. Tim's very best friend growing up lives in UT and him and his wife have been trying for years now to have a baby. They were trying through church social services and had the same luck that you have had. Long story short - a few months ago, I met a couple that have adopted 3 children. They were very open and loved talking about their adoption experiences and are so willing to help other people. They told me of an agency they went through to get their last baby. It took all of 4 months to get her. I told them about Tim's friend and they were more than happy to talk to them and give advice. We contacted Tim's friend and told them of this agency (I can't remember the name of it, but it's run by members of the church.) Anyway, his friend contacted the agency and in about 2 weeks they had a birth mother and they are expecting the baby in Nov., I think. I also just heard today that the same couple that have adopted 3 children (their 3rd only being 5 months old) are now adopting their 4th (which is 5 months old also.) I don't mean to pry or put my nose where it doesn't belong but I thought this info. might be useful to you like it was for Tim's friend. If you would like I can find out the name of the agency and also get you in touch with this couple that has been so helpful. They were so helpful to Tim's friend - he just can't say enough good things about them. Let me know, I would love to do whatever I can to help.
Casey - yes - yes - yes! email @ jkelder99@msn.com and send me your phone number - I will call you!
Post a Comment